This training is currently being rescheduled. Please contact NHCA if you have any questions.
Dynamic DON Webinar Series
Content: Join us for a 3-week webinar series that focuses on skill building for serving effectively as the Director of Nursing with emphasis on effective leadership and staff engagement, nursing operations, and systems of care for common conditions treated in the long-term care setting. Each session is two hours in length.
Register for individual webinars via the links below or save when you register for the three-part bundle on this page.
Discussion will include:
• Survey readiness & avoiding frequently cited deficiencies
• HR management
• Staff training/competency
• Risk management
• QAPI activities targeting QM areas
• Fundamentals of reimbursement
• MDS oversight
• Promoting 5-Star quality
February 29 | A Day in the Life of a DON | This session's guidance will include an overview of daily responsibilities and expectations in a day in the life of the effective DON along with risk and HR management strategies.
March 7 | Survey Readiness and QAPI for the DON | This session will focus on survey readiness for avoiding common deficiencies and performance improvement and QA activities targeting QM areas.
March 14 | MDS/RAI Processes, Leadership, and Essential Resources for the DON | This session will focus on how the DON can effectively oversee the RAI/MDS processes to ensure accuracy of assessments, care planning, Medicare reimbursement and resident outcomes, and discuss the leadership and management skills and essential resources for the DON.
Objectives: At the completion of the training, the participant will be able to:
- Review common day-to-day responsibilities of the DON
- Describe processes for nursing systems oversight
- Be familiar with the role and responsibilities of the DON in a successful Risk Management and HR Management program
- Identify the key components for being survey ready every day
- Be familiar with resources for survey readiness tools
- Describe the DON’s roles and responsibilities related to QAPI program implementation
- Understand how QAPI activities can be used to improve quality metrics
- Identify considerations to ensure effective MDS/RAI processes
- Describe the importance and impact of the MDS and supportive documentation for Medicare reimbursement
- Apply leadership principles to effectively lead and manage the nursing team
- Implement strategies for time and workload management including effective planning and delegation
- Identify the CMS regulatory resource locations for Appendix PP, the RAI, QM, QRP, and 5 Star manuals
Audience: This training is appropriate for nurse leaders including new or experienced directors of nursing, assistant directors of nursing, charge nurses, unit managers, staff interested in serving in a permanent or interim director of nursing role, administrators, and corporate staff in nursing facilities and assisted living communities.
Speaker: Janine Lehman, RN, RAC-CT, CLNC, Director of Legal Nurse Consulting, Proactive Long-Term Care Consulting
Facilitator: Connie Knorr, RN, BSN, Curriculum Development and Learning Manager
Format: Virtual only. An internet connection is required. NHCA uses Zoom as the webinar platform. You may participate from any computer and most mobile devices that have internet access. However, to receive full credit, you must be logged into the Zoom app through your computer or mobile device. Visit zoom.us/test to test if your computer is ready for a Zoom session and to download the latest application. The audio portion of this webinar is run through the computer rather than a phone line. A computer with external speakers or headset is needed; a microphone and/or webcam is required. Questions for the instructor can be asked through chat and Q&A functions in the Zoom app. If you need technical assistance, please call 402-435-3551 or email [email protected].
Registration Information: Registration includes the full three-part webinar series. If you wish to confirm your registration, call the NHCA office at 402-435-3551.
|Registration Fee (continuing education credit included):
|Full Three-Part Webinar Series
|Per Individual Webinar
CE Credit: Six hours of continuing education are available for attending the full series. Please defer to your licensing
board or agency to ensure courses taken meet your license requirements.
Handouts: Prior to the program, registrants will receive
an email with links to view the handouts. Webinar recordings will be made available following the completion of the series.
Evaluations: Please provide feedback on the course by completing the evaluation. A link to the online evaluation will be emailed to registrants.
Cancellation Policy: Substitution, cancellation, and refund policies can be found at this link.
Liability Release Statement: Photographs are taken during Nebraska Health Care Association events for use in
media releases, newsletters, nehca.org, and social media. By registering for this
event, you grant NHCA the right to use your name and photograph for such