- Maintains current knowledge of the local, state, and Federal regulations and laws which apply and assures compliance.
- Coordinates overall clinical care and case coordination in assigned area.
- Ensures the timely and adequate delivery of Hospice services to Seniors/clients by utilizing the nursing process as appropriate.
- Maintains communication with departments at Tabitha and other community resources involved in providing nurses and aides.
- Assures that all clinical records are in compliance with state license, federal standards, and corporate policy.
- Maintains knowledge of staffing needs in assigned area and communicates needs to Administrator or designee.
- Interviews and hires TEAMembers based on staffing needs in conjunction with Assistant Administrator.
- Coordinates and provides orientation and competency testing according to agency policy to assigned TEAMembers.
- Identifies and conducts marketing activities for assigned area in collaboration with Administrator.
- Assesses Seniors/clients, their family members and environment for additional care needs and coordinates additional services as appropriate.
- Supervises TEAMembers as assigned in consultation with Administrator or designee.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of a Registered Nurse course of study. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Background in both social services and medical areas preferred. Three years of experience in health care required. Experience with Medicare and Medicaid preferred. Experience with care of the terminally ill preferred.