Nebraska Health Care Foundation
The mission of Nebraska Health Care Foundation is to invest in programs and initiatives designed to attract, develop, and retain Nebraskans who serve those living in a nursing home or assisted living community. Our fundraising efforts help create a healthy ecosystem of care and employment that provides our citizens with opportunities to live a virtuous life. Nebraska Health Care Foundation was established as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization by Nebraska Health Care Association in 1987. The foundation’s work includes:
- Offering up to 60 educational scholarships to individuals seeking to launch or advance a career in healthcare each year;
- Funding the development of a statewide online medication aide training course;
- Developing healthcare-themed curriculum for use in grades 3-12 afterschool programs and summer camps across Nebraska;
- Providing equipment and resources (e.g., mannequins, intravenous therapy training supplies, and manuals) used in training direct care workers;
- Translating a basic nursing assistant training manual and workbook to Spanish;
- Administering a year-long leadership development program to grow Nebraska's long-term care workforce;
- Partnering to distribute 400,000 personal protective items (e.g., gowns, gloves, masks) to health care providers during the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Implementing an emergency support fund to support Nebraska long-term care workers after a flood, fire, tornado, etc.
Funding for this important work is raised through events, such as a golf outing and silent auction; campaigns for specific projects; and online giving. NHCF is a proud member charity of Combined Health Agencies Drive (CHAD), an organization that raises funds for 23 Nebraska health charities through workplace giving.
View Nebraska Health Care Foundation’s Form 990.
DONATE BOARD LIST